Soon, the year 2018 will roll on in. Looking back to all that I’ve accomplished, in spite of the struggle and medical hardships (yup, maybe I’ll share that someday), I can finally admit that I’m amazed and proud of myself.
Before I sat down to type this post, I had to think back on every single thing I did in order to own this feeling and not dismiss it. My mother and father raised me to always strive to be better. So, I blame them. Thank you, Mommy and Daddy. Thank you ever so much. Lol.
For most of you that know me on a more personal level, you know it’s hard for me to express such affirmations and truly, TRULY own them.
So, without further adieu, here are 10 Accomplishments in 2017 I’m MOST PROUD OF:
1. Attended various local author events at bookstores, libraries, and conventions.
2. Republished Forbidden as an e-book (now if only I can finish it up as a paperback)!
3. Independently published my first middle grade book (Waking Dream Series). Due to the fact that I struggle with marketing books like other Indie authors, I’ve decided that WHEN (not if) I become traditionally published, I’ll still put 100% into social media and marketing, but I hope that I’ll have more time to dedicate to writing. Being an Indie author is HARD! And yes, the stigma of independently publishing books is slowly disappearing it isn’t completely extinct!
4. Celebrated my sons’ birthdays (17, 5, and 2).
5. Wedding Anniversary – 🙂
6. Submitted several manuscripts to agents and publishers! Sure, I received rejections! But if you don’t try, you won’t succeed!
7. Applied for artists grants.
8. Sold my FIRST PAID short story, “Bondye Bon” to FIYAH Literary Magazine. Learn more so you can purchase your copy in January here!
9. Created YouTube Channel that’s in need of some serious, serious attention! 😉
10. Connected with more bloggers, readers, writers, and friends all over the world!
With you and your stimulating social interactions, I’ve become a better writer!