Well, summer has come to an end and so too do the marvelous days of staying up all night, writing and reading and writing some more. Today was my first day back to work. I love my new school and I love my students. They’re wonderful and I look forward to how much they will learn this year with me! I’m still a night owl, but unfortunately my energy is not what it once was when I was much, much younger. Organizing my day in a way that fits in time for writing, reading other writers’ works, spending time with my family, and all the many other nuances that come along with life can often be problematic. I’m so considering participating in NaNoWriMo again this year to make time via guilt and pressure! I hope some day when I’m published, I’ll be able to make money doing what I love: writing and inspiring students of all ages simultaneously!
Here are ten things you might not know about me:
1. I’m a Zumba Fitness Fanatic!
2. I used to weigh 240 pounds (about a decade ago) and lost it with hard work!
3. My parents are from the Caribbean (Haiti and Jamaica)
4. I speak a little Japanese and love the archipelago country dearly.
5. I’m a xenophile (I love to learn about and experience different cultures and languages!)
6. I won an award for young authors at the age of 8.
7. I love RPGs (Role Playing Games) Dragon Age, Final Fantasy series.
8. I love to draw, (but I’m nowhere near professional)
9. I love to cook (and eat)!
10. I competed in opera competitions in high school.
Is there anything surprising or interesting that others don’t know about you? Comments or questions are always welcome. Drop a line! Please forgive me if I don’t respond as quickly as I’d like. I wish I could clone myself. 😦